the campas

the campas

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Reid Month #2

Month #2 for Reid was a busy one.  We finally started to emerge from our newborn-life-shell and got out of the house and becmae a little more independt.  I was still recovering from my C-Section and getting used to Reid who was I'm sure just getting used to life in general.  There was happy times and hard times, and I am thankful I still had so much help from my mom who stepped up to the plate as Brian's semester and work life got super busy.



The weekend of Mother's Day we went out to La Verne where Time and Uncle Jonnie had cooked a delicious breakfast for me, Nancy, Auntie Linda, and Lita.  It felt weird to be "honored" for Mother's Day.  I kept forgetting it was now my holiday too!  They also got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  Kristi and Jackie got to meet Reid too during our visit.


 
On the Friday before Mother's Day, Brian (and Reid) surprised me with flowers.  Gorgeous!


On Mother's Day, Brian made me breakfast and got me a sweet card, gift certificate to Massage Envy (yay!) and my favorite gift: an instagram shout out! Hehe.  then he went to church with the See's Chocolates he and I somehow got placed in charge of bringing for the women in our ward even though we have a newborn child and a billion things to do.  Eye roll. Oh well, they turned out super cute!
 



 
 
I spent the day relaxing and cuddling Reid and enjoying my new favorite holiday.  It was fun to spend my first Mother's Day with such a new first baby.  We took a family walk a little later and FaceTimed with our moms.  I loved our happy, chill mother's day.


Two days later it was my birthday.  And oh what a birthday it was.  The night before, I woke up with serious chills.  I could NOT stop shaking!  I didn't know what was going on, but a few hours later I woke up SWEATING!!  In the morning I still felt groggy and weird and decided I must have had a fever in the night.  I took my temperature and it was barely a fever, but of course made me absolutely terrified I had some bug that my tiny new baby would get! I canceled my lunch plans with Aunt Erika and told Brian to standby on my evening plans (sushi dinner and shopping with him and Reid). He surprised me and came by in the morning with pastries from Mr. Holmes Bakehouse and my birthday gift: $200 to Anthropologie!!  He could tell how crappy I felt.  A little later Reid had a screaming fest and I felt simply awful and right on cue my mom called me.  I dissolved into tears and just stared complaining to her about how awful I felt on my birthday and how I felt like I couldn't take care of Reid cause I didn't want him to get sick.  She kept offering to come drive down to help but I told her I was sure it was bug.  I was right.  A little later in the night I felt quite a bit better.  Brian picked up Panda Express and we ate on the couch while enjoying Reid.  NOT the 27th birthday I had planned but a memorable one to be sure.  And my 59382 million prayers I offered worked: Reid didn't get sick!!!
 
 
A few days later Brian and I packed the Rav4 absolutely full of baby stuff and went to HB to kick off Reid's first vacation!  He had a work training event that Friday in Anaheim, so Reid and I chilled and walked around until my mom arrived from Vegas.  She was SO excited to see Reid!




 
We hung out with Brian that night, and the next day Brian had class early and mom and I drove with Reid to Vegas.  He was an angel boy and slept literally the entire way.  When we got there grandpa was excited to see him!  We gave him a bath and got him ready for the family party that night.

 
We had Grandma, Grandpa, the Welshes, and the Prettys over for a pizza party celebrating Reid/my dad's 60th birthday party!  It was a chill event with delicious food and the perfect place for everyone to see and meet Reid.







The rest of our time in Vegas consisted of lots of garden walks around grandpa's bustling Las Vegas garden, visits from Blythe and Ben (who was so not interested in Baby Reid), a visit from Megan and Jane (who was totally interested in Reid!), neighborhood walks, cleaning out a smoke-infested fridge Brian and I are taking from the Klabackas, a mall outing to find Reid a blessing outfit, and a trip to see Grandma and Grandpa.  We took them some Jack in the Box and mom and I took Reid on a little walk around the temple.








Mom and dad drove Reid and I back to Pasadena a week later.  They accompanied me to my appointment at my OB's office.  Mom spent many hours walking around with Reid in Burbank the first couple months of his life while I went to numerous appointments. 
 
We were so happy to be with dad again!!  And we think he was pretty happy to see us.

A couple days later we went to HB the Saturday before Memorial Day and took Reid to the beach.  I had purchased a cute little suit, baby sunscreen, a hat, and had his baby carrier all ready for the big outing.  As soon as we arrived I realized how dumb that was.  He was way too little for the beach haha!  We snapped a couple pics and then went back to the condo.


We did get to see my beloved friend Ahlin though!!  I have missed her and was so happy she was able to meet Reid, who slept through her visit!  Fail!

May 30th meant Brian's 30th birthday!!!  (ALSO IT JUST OCCURED TO ME IT WAS HIS GOLDEN BIRTHDAY AND I TOTALLY DIDN'T REALIZE THAT AGH FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL)  Tim and Nancy and his grandparents came over for some cake and showered him with gifts the weekend before his birthday.




Poor Brian had class the day of his birthday so I knew we wouldn't see him.  So I took Reid out to Claremont to see his dad and show him off to the Renken co-workers!  At the time this was a VERY big outing for just us two haha and it required all my bravery!  We stopped by Krispy Kreme on the way and got donuts for all his co-workers.  It was fun to see Brian proudly show off his babe.


Reid dressed up for daddy's birthday.

We have really appreciate living close to the Ngo's the past few months!  I enjoyed lots of help from Erika and Sarah the first couple months of Reid's life.

Lizzie was off in DC interning and we sure did miss her!  Luckily we got to Facetime her a lot.

 
Reid's greatest skill in life is his ability to sleep!!  I am FOREVER thankful!!  He sleep trained himself and now sleeps through the night pretty much every night.  If he does wake up it's just once very briefly.  The first night he slept through the night my mom was freaking out and telling me how rare it was because none of her girls slept through the night for years!  Bless Reid!!

Nani would come keep me company Tuesday nights while Brian was in class.  I appreciate the help and most of all the company!

Nights when Brian didn't have class or homework we would take walks and go to the Starbucks or Juice it Up.
 
A few other things from month #2:
-things got a little easier.  although I was on my own more I became more comfortable with Reid and familiar with his personality.
-I missed Brian.  A lot.  It seems like he was always in class or doing homework, and it was hard to not bother him!
-I was again so SO thankful for the help of my parents.  From them having us in Vegas all week to them taking me to doctor's appointments.  We relied on them so much.
-Reid let his personality shine through.  We learned he LOVES to FaceTime with Aunts Becky and Lizzie and all his grandparents.
-Still preferred daddy over mommy, which she was fine with!
-Great breastfeeder and eater!  Could eat all day if I let him.
###

1 comment:

  1. catching up and have to make my traditional comment per read post ;) I LOVE THAT LIL BOY SOOOO MUCHHYYYYY

    ReplyDelete